I was happy to present two scholarships on behalf of the DBA at the recent Duxbury High School awards ceremony.
The $1,000 Vocational Tech scholarship was awarded to Jack Goldberg who will be studying culinary arts management at the University of New Hampshire.
The $1,000 Business scholarship was awarded to Josh Perry who will be studying business at University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
Josh Perry receiving his scholarship. Photo credit Karen Wong.
Events, Activities and Promotions
- Thanks to Sharon Cronin from Eastern Bank for hosting our June monthly meeting. Our speaker was Jacqueline Collins from Partnering for Performance. Jacqueline talked about business planning, personal and corporate branding.
- Our next DBA monthly meeting will be a barbeque! On July 28th we'll be hosted by Georgia Cosgrove at the Duxbury Bay Maritime School. More details to follow!
DBA Membership Benefits Update
- The DBA has taken out a full page advertisement with a list of businesses in the July 4th Parade booklet.
- In addition to our weekly DBA ad in the Clipper, we placed an ad in the DHS Graduation Issue.
- We'd be happy to email our members with news of your event or promotion...just respond to this email with your request.
If you'd like to write an article for the DBA Newsletter, please email email@example.com